Hi,

we are running mysql 3.23.36 on a redhat 7.1 (intel) server; mysql is installed as RPM.

for some strange reason, the following error appeared in /var/log/msqld.log
over the weekend:

021027  4:02:00  /usr/libexec/mysqld: Binlog closed, cannot RESET MASTER

Status information:

Current locks:
key_cache status:
blocks used:       133
not flushed:         0
w_requests:          0
writes:              0
r_requests:          0
reads:               0
[...]

according to the time the error occured, I suspect that there might
be a connection to the logrotate service (which runs approx. at this
time).

"RESET MASTER" seems to have something to do with replicated databases,
but this mysql server is running standalone without replication.

any ideas what this error message means and how to prevent it in
the future ?

tnx in advance.