Benji Spencer wrote:

is why that might be an option. However, it might be easier to switch from MSSQL to MySQL if MySQL would handle the traffic better. We do need a little logic to determine if the user is logged in (if they aren't logged in, they don't see the page) but it shouldn't be all that complicated.

I'm sure you've already specified this, but here's a few questions:

What size of machine (CPU, RAM, # and type of drives) are you using for each server? (MySQL vs. MS SQL)

How many queries per second are you getting to the web server?

How big are the tables (in rows) that the queries are made against?

Do you have indexes on all the fields that are used in JOINs in the queries? If any are VARCHARs or long CHARs, are the indexes against subsets of the data ("ADD INDEX data_idx(data(10))" for example)?

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.