Matt Neimeyer wrote:

Hey All,

On Redhat Linux is there an easy way to have an ISP style setup where each "user" has their own database directory?

Long story short, we have to implement a small in house server that will allow multiple departments to create their own little web pages. Perhaps I've missed something on MySQL.com and I know I've looked high and low on Google and haven't been able to find anything that matches. We're trying to avoid each of the departments squashing the other's data somehow and thought this would be the best way if it's possible?

I'm looking for any pointers or How-To's or just a simple "You missed section X in the documentation..."

Thanks in advance!

Matt
Why not just create a database per user and run them all under the one MySQL instance?
Then call the database the name of the user, or some unique name anyway.
You can then limit access to each database based on the user / ip address (see the documentation).

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer