On Redhat Linux is there an easy way to have an ISP style setup where each "user" has their own database directory?
Why not just create a database per user and run them all under the one MySQL instance?
Then call the database the name of the user, or some unique name anyway.
You can then limit access to each database based on the user / ip address (see the documentation).
This is what I'll probably do... but I've seen it done (on our ISP's host for example) and I was kinda wondering how it was done...

Thanks though!

Matt