Pada Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:04:10 +0300
Mike Blazer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> menulis:

> And replication... well, it kinda works, I see that voy88-relay-bin.001
> grows - but it does not change my tables. So, I'm assuming that it does
> not understand replicate-do-table rules.

> BTW - it seems very strange to me that binlog-do-db and all others of
> this kind are defined as "Tells the master that it should log updates to
> the binary log if the current database is database_name". What's the use
> in the current base? I'm starting all my perl in the same "current base"
> using few bases with base.table syntax. So, it'd be very helpfull if
> binlog-do-db would mean "copy only tables from this base". This would
> give a fine option to group all tables that I need to replicate in the
> separate base and replicate them with just one sentence:
>    --binlog-do-db=mybase

on master you need to define which databases will be created in binlog file.
(--binlog-do-db=<dbname>)

to check this configuration ...
watch the size of binlog file, every time you do "insert" queries ... should be
increasing, if not so the problem is in master configuration.

and slave will read that file, and depends on your slave configuration which tables
you'll only want to replicate the query.
(--replicate-do-table=<dbname>.<tablename>)

check also your master.info file

to check this configuration ...
watch the hostname.err file at slave, and compare the
"show slave status" run from slave server with "show master status" run from master
server

--
Dicky Wahyu Purnomo - System Administrator
PT FIRSTWAP: Jl Kapt. Tendean No. 34 - Jakarta Selatan (12790)