At 04:47 PM 11/11/2002 +0800, Thomas Seifert wrote:
>Are you using MySQL-3.23.x?
>AFAIK it doesn't use a key for ORDER BY (MySQL-4.x does).
>Maybe thats the cause?

Hi,

Yes. Im using 3.23.52(nt). I just upgraded it from 3.23.27.

You mean, if I have ORDER BY as part of the query statement,
MySQL doesnot use index/keys?

Does this mean, that there is absolutely no way to improve
my query?

Hmm..

I read lots of good stuffs with MySQL 4.x; is this already
safe to use?

regards,
jaime