On 11/12/02 7:05 PM, "Daniel Griggs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am having trouble with connecting to a Mysql host, the host version is
> 3.23.51 on debian stable. After countless re-
> reads of the documentation and checking the permissions all I get when I try
> to connect regardless of username and
> password combinations is "ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during
> query".
>
> Is there any common thing that causes this?? It is definitely not a
> permissions problem but I don't know what else it
> could be.
>
> Daniel

You are not the first to experience this problem:
<http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/8/1999/11/50/2931397/>
<http://www.bitmechanic.com/mail-archives/mysql/current/0535.html>
<http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:124399:200211:cgggaeehnkfbhij
djcec>

Maybe you find an answer here, I guess it depends if you compiled your
binaries yourself. If yes download a precompiled binary from the mysql site
and try again.

/h