Dear Sir,

I am very new to the mySQL product. I am trying to do some R&D on the
possibility to port the MS SQL to mySQL for our system. I have tried with
mysql-3.23.53-win. I able to start the mySQL and run the mysqlshow command
and others.

However, if I try with the mysql-max-4.0.4-beta-win, I started the mysql
using "mysqld -standalone".  When I try to execute the mysqlshow command,
there is no respond from the dos prompt. And then my PC become very slow in
responding.

Please help. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Kee Lang