krisbekkers,

katdb> I have a 'simple' question regarding the mysql privileges.

katdb> The database at home:
katdb> version 4.04 beta max
katdb> all of my tables are innodb tables. (except the mysql privileges table)

katdb> As of version 4.02 of mysql the database supports the use of
MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR,
katdb> MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR and MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR.

katdb> ' ---------------------------
katdb> I have two questions:

katdb> 1. On what level does these apply: on the global level (for a specific user)
katdb> a database level, table level or column level.
katdb> The max_connections could be applicable to the global level. But the
max_updates,
katdb> Max_queries are can they be restricted to a database or a table as follows:
katdb>         "grant select on database.table to 'test'@'%' with max_updates_per_hour
katdb> 100"
katdb>         so that in this case the "database.table" will allow only 100 updates.
(or
katdb> is that dug too deep)

All these limits are applied on the global level.

katdb> 2. Is the following a bug, or do I mis something out there
katdb> I use MySqlFront (and a home made project) for managing the accounts on the
katdb> server parsing the stuff that the "show grants ...." returnes me.

katdb> Following stuff occures:

katdb> I issue a grant (on a non-existing user, but even when the user already exist.
katdb> as follows (note this was for testing purposes)
katdb> "GRANT Select ON *.* TO 'test'@'%' with Grant option MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR
katdb> 4 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 100 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 20"

katdb> When I do immediatly after the grant (without flushing privileges) a "show
katdb> grants for 'host0002104'@'%' " I get the following result
katdb> "GRANT SELECT ON *.* TO 'test'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR
katdb> 4 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 100 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 20"

katdb> When I then issue a "flush privileges" the ""show grants for 'host0002104'@'%'
katdb> " returns me (incorrectly) following result
katdb> GRANT SELECT, SHOW DATABASES, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON *.*
katdb> TO 'test'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION
katdb> All of the max_XXXX have gone.

I tested it with mysql command-line program and privileges were
displayed correctlly. Seems, it's a MySQLFront problem ...

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com