I have a 'simple' question regarding the mysql privileges.

The database at home:
version 4.04 beta max
all of my tables are innodb tables. (except the mysql privileges table)

As of version 4.02 of mysql the database supports the use of MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR,
MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR and MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR.

' ---------------------------
I have two questions:

1. On what level does these apply: on the global level (for a specific user)
a database level, table level or column level.
The max_connections could be applicable to the global level. But the max_updates,
Max_queries are can they be restricted to a database or a table as follows:
        "grant select on database.table to 'test'@'%' with max_updates_per_hour
100"
        so that in this case the "database.table" will allow only 100 updates. (or
is that dug too deep)

2. Is the following a bug, or do I mis something out there
I use MySqlFront (and a home made project) for managing the accounts on the
server parsing the stuff that the "show grants ...." returnes me.

Following stuff occures:

I issue a grant (on a non-existing user, but even when the user already exist.
as follows (note this was for testing purposes)
"GRANT Select ON *.* TO 'test'@'%' with Grant option MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR
4 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 100 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 20"

When I do immediatly after the grant (without flushing privileges) a "show
grants for 'host0002104'@'%' " I get the following result
"GRANT SELECT ON *.* TO 'test'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR
4 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 100 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 20"

When I then issue a "flush privileges" the ""show grants for 'host0002104'@'%'
" returns me (incorrectly) following result
GRANT SELECT, SHOW DATABASES, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON *.*
TO 'test'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION
All of the max_XXXX have gone.

Could someone point me out here?

Kris Bekkers