Hi

I have a problem with performance for out mysql db. The docs on www.mysql.com don't
really help because they arent specific enought (what is big ???).

The load on our server currently is over 2 permanently and I don't think that is very
good.

We use:

MySQL 3.23.51
Linux Kernel 2.4.16
we do have 1 GB of RAM

the main problem seems to be a table with about 8.597.146 records.

any suggestions what can be done ???

Stefan Immel
 |     Grove
Auf der Stuecke 6            Tel. +49 2773-8167-0
35708 Haiger / Germany       Fax  +49 2773-8167-20
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.grove.de
"There is always hope, only because it is the one
  thing nobody's figured out how to kill yet."
      ~ Galen, Crusade "Racing The Night"