Hi,
It is 760 organizations listed, when I said two, I meant that on the WWW
I have over 700 individual web pages that EXCITE does a search for and
my main database in DOS. I don't know whether my server has these
programs, I can check.

Thanks
Norm

Rodney Broom wrote:

> Hi Norm,
>
> I gather that you are wanting to bring both databases together into a single MySQL
>database. In order to do that, you'll have to have the mysql service running on your
>web server. (Not actually true, but true enough for this conversation) However, it
>sounds to me like you don't have the option of installing any software on this
>server. Is that right?
>
> If so, you may want to look consilidating the two databases yourself on a different
>system, like the workstation that you're developing from. Then put all of the data on
>the web server. Of course, you'll still need some way of storing and accessing the
>data from your web site. If the web server has Perl installed and available to you,
>then you're in luck. Actually, you could use any number of CGI programming languages
>if they are installed, but Perl is the one that I can help you with.
>
> Let us know some more about your working enviroment and we'll go from there.
>
> From: Norm Lamoureux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > No experience, I am a volunteer just trying to figure things out, do a
> > better jon that I am right now, I have to have two seperate databases
> > and I hate that. I was told that My SQL can doi it, it has a web thingy
> > with it.
>
> > Rodney Broom wrote:
> > > It sounds to me like you are trying to build a data driven web site on a
> > > server with no database available, as aposed to trying to figure out MySQL.
> > > Is that right? If so, what level of CGI options do you have?
>
> ---
> Rodney Broom
> President, R.Broom Consulting
> http://www.rbroom.com/
>
> sql

- Visit me - http://www2.ebtech.net/~nlamoure/index.htm
- Information Sarnia Lambton - http://www.informsarnialambton.org
- Sarnia Computer Users' Group - http://www.sarnia.com/scug
- Lawrence House Centre for the Arts - http://www.lawrencehouse.ca
- Good computer website - http://www.techtv.com

             "Looking for Star Wars and View Masters ! "
                   Also any U.S. state quarters.