Hi, doeas anyone know if it's possible to add 2 or more numeric values together that are in the same cell in Mysql:
IE: i have a cloumn called price that for any entry may contain more than one value, lets say £1.00 and £2.00
Is there a way that i can get these values added together ?
I know it's easy if they are in separate rows but unfortunately they're not. see the example

id item price
1 apple 1.00

2 apple 1.00
pear 2.00

3 banana 1.00

I need to get the sum for price for id 2.

Regards,

Steve Mansfield
Head of Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.getreal.co.uk

Real Data Services Ltd 117-119 Marlborough Road Romford Essex RM7 8AP
[Office] 0870 757 7900 [Fax] 0870 757 8900

http://www.be-an-isp.com http://www.isdn4free.co.uk http://signup.getreal.co.uk

For our email disclaimer please see the url below.

http://www.getreal.co.uk/disclaimer.htm