Hi, apologies upfront since this is not directly a mysql question. I have a mysql host sitting behind a linksys router/wireless ap. The mysql host is configured as a DMZ host in the router. All web/ftp other connections are working fine, however mysql connection from outside the network is not working. Not only that if there is any inbound connection mysql crashes hard and does not accept any connection or process anymore queries.

Any idea what could be the possible cause? Does mysql need other ports ope besides 3306 ? Other DB (postgres) and services work fine. Although I had to do some tricky stuff for the same host before I could get proFTPD working for passive ftp.

Thanks
Mir