Joćo Borsoi wrote:

I working in a project to be released 6 months from now. We are
currently using mysql 3.23.49 with Innodb. I'm thinking about upgrading
it to mysql 4.0.5a because of some deadlock bugs. What is the risk of
going to a development version? Is it stable?
I've been living on the "edge of a knife", running a production system on 4.0.1/2/4/5 for the last few months, had some minor problems with 4.0.3 but every other release has been quite solid. So, no, I dont think you'll run into any problems ;-)

regards,

danny