From: Adam Nelson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 4:35 PM
To: 'Ledet, Mike'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Slow performance using 3.23 on RH 8.0

The first thing I would do is toss the ultra ata drive and just use the
scsi drives running raid1, raid0 just isn't safe and hardware raid1 is
much faster than you would think.  This may seem counter-intuitive, but
there are all sorts of bus issues that could be interfering.  You may
very well have more logging going on on the ata drive than you think.

Second, do not install X or gnome at all.  What's the point?

Third, look at these variables (although I doubt they will help much):

set-variable = table_cache=256
set-variable = tmp_table_size=256M

If this doesn't work, get in touch.