Dobrư den,
sexta-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2002, 07:15:43, napsal jste:

PM> sql, query

PM> Right now, every day I run the equivalent of a mysqlhotcopy on my
PM> database (read-lock the tables, copy the files, unlock the tables).

PM> This freezes up everything (websites, etc.) that uses the database for
PM> 10 minutes. That is too long.

PM> Is there a way to get a snapshot of the database without locking the
PM> tables? Do I need to convert from MyISAM to InnoDB perhaps?

To execute backup without compromisse the speed and without LOCKS you
need change your teables to InnoDB and try use the InnoDB HotBackup Tool ! (
non-free but very functional )
http://www.innodb.com/hotbackup.html

or

Use the MYSQLDUMP to dump the database.

ps: Change to MySQL 4.0 and try the "Query Cache". This is wonderful
to websites.

  ++  Dyego Souza do Carmo   ++           Dep. Desenvolvimento
                 E S C R I B A   I N F O R M A T I C A
The only stupid question is the unasked one (somewhere in Linux's HowTo)
Linux registred user : #230601
--
$ look into "my eyes"
look: cannot open my eyes