On 7 Dec 2002, at 14:34, Jason Brooke wrote:

> I just connected to one of my masters, inserted a record into a table by
> referencing database.table in the insert query and the query is never
> written to the binary log, thus the slaves never replicate it.

Are you using binlog-do-db or binlog-ignore-db on the master (or
replicate-do-db or replicate-ignore-db on the slave)?  Those are
documented to work as you describe:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Replication_Options.html

Maybe the difference is that Jeremy is replicating everything and
you're replicating only some databases.

When you make your initial connection, are you specifying the same
database that you specify in the USE statement for the other test?

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online