Hello:

We are running a large e-commerce site currently with ASP/MSSQL. The ever
increasing number of hits, complexity of the site and request for reporting
is slowly but surely bringing us to the point were the current database
application is getting tired.

Now we're thinking Linux, MySQL and clustering.

I have been looking around a little and don't like the fact that there are
no stored procedures and no triggers. However - if we cluster several quad
processor machines we should be fine without.

Right now it's all theory, and there don't seem to be a lot of articles on
the web about this. At least I had no luck finding any.

Does anybody have real life experiences with this kind of a setup? Does
anybody know where to find reports about this?

I'd be greatful for any link or hint!

Dietrich Speer