Hello.

On Sat 2002-12-07 at 18:20:07 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello:
>
> We are running a large e-commerce site currently with ASP/MSSQL. The ever
> increasing number of hits, complexity of the site and request for reporting
> is slowly but surely bringing us to the point were the current database
> application is getting tired.
>
> Now we're thinking Linux, MySQL and clustering.
>
> I have been looking around a little and don't like the fact that there are
> no stored procedures and no triggers. However - if we cluster several quad
> processor machines we should be fine without.
>
> Right now it's all theory, and there don't seem to be a lot of articles on
> the web about this. At least I had no luck finding any.
>
> Does anybody have real life experiences with this kind of a setup? Does
> anybody know where to find reports about this?

I am not sure I understand correctly, what you mean. MySQL does not
support being used as distributed database.

But you can use the replication feature to create a master and several
slaves, where the reads go to the slaves and the updates to the
master. You can find more information about that here:

  http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Replication_FAQ.html
  (second half, "how can I ... improve performance")

HTH,

        Benjamin.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]