Hi thanx for the details... Ok I know I am thick... and for some reason I
cannot get my head around this, let me try to explain what I want to do then
maybe you can tell me its possible and how it is possible.

I want to create a user that can be creative as he wants... allow him to create
ANY databases he wants and delete them if he no longer needs them, but at that
same time not be able to mess with ANY other privileges or anyone elses DBs.
The only other way I can think of it to compare it to a windows situation. Lets
say I'm in Windows and I start up MS Access... Now with me being a Windows user
I can create any DB I want and do whatever I want to the DBs I've created (as
long as its not in a read only folder) but I can't see or do anything to to the
other peoples creations becuase I don't have permissions to do so.

Am I going to have to, as root or another super user, create his DBs for him
and then give him privileges to them? I just don't get how that sort of
situation works in a production environment. But then again in a production
environment you don't usually have people just creating DBs at will.

Again sorry for my complete lack of understanding on this and stupidity, but my
brain just will not wrap itself around this issue.

Thanx for all the help so far,
Ryan McDougall