Hello.

On Mon 2002-12-09 at 01:00:33 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am doing this search from a website,

What does that mean? Which scripting language do you use? PHP? This is
more a question for your "website" environment than about MySQL.

> and from what I can tell there is no way to use a variable
> (i.e. $var) with REGEXP as the $ sign has a special meaning to
> REGEXP.

That shouldn't matter, because the real value $var is inserted before
the query is send to the MySQL server, where REGEXP of the query is
evaluated. If there is a problem, you need to be much more
specific. Quote the error message, show the relevant part of your code
and so on.

HTH,

        Benjamin.

--