> Does anyone know of a package that computer novices can use to build simple
> web pages. Even if they know nothing of HTML?
>
> I'm using mysql and I figure there might be something out there all ready
> built. This is for a small college that teachers can use to put on there
> stuff.

typo/grammar:  "there" should be "their"

IMHO anyone who is serious about building web pages must learn and use HTML.
It's a bit like expecting people to use mysql but requiring them to not use
sql.

The database intereface to mysql can be handled easily by most of the
cgi environments.

You may want to look at Zope, Zope/CMF, and Zope/Plone.  They have a bunch
of pre-built components that can be adapted.

Another approach is to use PHP which embeds dynamic code into HTML.

There are lots of GUI-based generators out there.  I personally don't find
them useful.

The Python HTMLgen pakage has some nice features that make it fairly easy
for a HTML fluent person to build complex sites.   For example, it would be
my choice to build a collection of Faculty biography pages.