> Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:38:40 -0800
> From: "Grant Cooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Building Web Pages
>
> Does anyone know of a package that computer novices can use to
build =
> simple
> web pages. Even if they know nothing of HTML?
>
> I'm using mysql and I figure there might be something out there all
r=
> eady
> built. This is for a small college that teachers can use to put on th=
> ere
> stuff.

Hi Grant,

I am starting to use a Web Editor called R.A.D. Editor from
www.telerik.com - the latest version includes a spell checker, has an
interface similar to MS Word, and you can generate the content from
a DB like MySql - I have a beta copy of the latest version - I think it will
be released sometime this Month.

I will be using it to allow some of our Lecturers/tutors to edit some
content on our course web pages, without them having to open MS
Frontpage on their desktop.

The only drawback it has is that the editor will only edit content
through an IE 5.5 or higher browser - however the content it edits is
cross-browser compatible.

Other more expensive options are using MS Frontpage or the new
Program by Macromedia called Collaborate.

hope this helps!

Dan Marsden
Web Developer
Teaching and Learning Services