I am relatively new to mySQL. I have just installed mySQL from source on
a local FreeBSD server. bin/mysql_install_db installed the mysql and test
databases. I can verify this on the server and with phpMyAdmin from my
Mac. Now when I create a new database I can verify that it exists like so:

mysql> show databases;
+------------+
| Database   |
+------------+
| MyDatabase |
| mysql      |
| test       |
+------------+
4 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> use MyDatabase;
Database changed
mysql> create table MyTable (name varchar(20), address varchar(30));
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

mysql> show tables;
+----------------------+
| Tables_in_MyDatabase |
+----------------------+
| MyTable              |
+----------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> describe MyTable;
+---------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field   | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+---------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| name    | varchar(20) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| address | varchar(30) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

But when I connect to the server with phpMyAdmin the newly created
database doesn't show up.
Only the test database created by the install_db script shows up. What
could I be doing wrong? Please cure me of my ignorance... Thanks,

Steven

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]