We're running a 4x1.6Ghz Xeon box.  Linux reports 8 procs.  We've been
running MySQL on it for a couple months now in production under a good load.
Database sits around 60GB with anywhere from 200-800 concurrent connections.
Both InnoDB and MyISAM types are used and we're not having a single problem
with it.

(I don't think I've ever seen the machine go above a load of 2...)