From: John Dell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 6:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MySQL4 on Linux with Intel Hyperthreading CPUs?

Hi,

I have a new dedicated mysql 4.0.5 server running redhat 8.0 that we are
testing.  The new server is a dual Intel Xeon 2.4GHZ with hyperthreading
enabled, so Linux thinks there are 4 cpu's rather than the 2 real CPU's.

Anybody have any experience with this and whether it can cause any problems
with MySQL or Linux?

Any performance reasons to enable/disable hyperthreading?

Thanks!
John Dell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]