Hi All,

I may be confused here but it would appear that when you issue a LOCK TABLES
tbl_name { READ|WRITE }; You cannot read from another unlocked table in the
same connection eg:

mysql>  LOCK TABLES users read;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from Logger limit 1;
ERROR 1100: Table 'Logger' was not locked with LOCK TABLES

I've read section 6.7.2 of the Manual:
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/index.html#LOCK_TABLES

This is on 3.23.43.

I assume this is expected behaviour?  Although at the moment it seems a
little odd that this thread cannot read from another (unlocked) table whilst
it has a lock.

Does anyone have a solution that I may be missing?  We are locking tables to
do a "fake" transaction so that we can update a number of tables without
interference from other threads.

Thanks for any replies.

Greg Cope
JITC

This message and any attachment has been virus checked by
Pfizer Corporate Information Technology, Sandwich.