I have an production MySQL-Max -3.23.54a server running innodb databases.

I've migrated the server and data from an older Linux installation (with
max filesize 2GByte). The new server is running Linux 2.4 and can deal
with larger files.

I have three in innodb_data files and the last one is autoextending and
it's soon full. My innodb_data_file_path looks like this (wordwrapped in
order to make it readable).

innodb_data_file_path =
disk1/innodb/ibdata/ibdata1:2000M;
disk1/innodb/ibdata/ibdata2:2000M;
disk1/innodb/ibdata/ibdata3:100M:autoextend:max:2000M

Can I remove the autoextend option on the last data_file, and add a new
one wich is autoextending?

Will mysql make the ibdata3 file like the other files automatically?
Does it work or will I lose data?

I want to do this with as little downtime as possible. I've tried to add
a ibdata4 file thats autoextending but MySQL only supports one
autoextending file.

/Lars

sql,query