Hi,

have you tried the mysql-server from the pkg collection of netbsd?

Lars

On Dienstag, Dezember 24, 2002, at 09:44  Uhr, Bruce Lane wrote:

Fellow MySQL'ers,

I've been trying to install MySQL ver. 3.23.54a on NetBSD 1.6 on an i386 platform.

The difficulty I've been running into is that the thing complains that it can't change directory to pthreads during compile. I've tried installing the NetBSD pthreads package (which is, I grant you, an earlier version than what's out there), and even adding a symlink pointing to the appropriate directory.

The symlink got it as far as trying to configure (and failing to configure) pthreads, but it still failed during make install.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Please keep in mind that I am not a programmer. I just want to get the darn thing set up!

Merry Christmas.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
ARS KC7GR (Formerly WD6EOS) since 12-77 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates that it would be superior
to what I have now..." (Taki Kogoma, aka Gym Z. Quirk)