we are all in sales, 24/7. :-)

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul DuBois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 9:24 PM
To: JamesD; Peter Lovatt; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: An Idea (really: MySQL and Perl for the Web)

At 17:35 -0800 12/29/02, JamesD wrote:
>while Paul probably wouldnt say it, I would:

Well, I *have* been known to make shameless plugs from time to time, but
of course it's better if readers make them for me. :-)  So, thanks, I
appreciate it.

>his book: "MySql and Perl for the Web" ISBN 0-7357-1054-6 "New Riders
>Publishing"
>answers the questions you are getting at below, and
>IMHO the book is excellent as a "how do i get started..." and more...
>
>$44.99 SRP  - a low cost compared to the 'deep breath" below :-)

I of course appreciate it when people purchase a copy of the book,
but for those who prefer to take a look at part of it first,
I will point out that there is a sample chapter available online
at:

http://www.kitebird.com/mysql-perl/

It's a 78-page PDF, and it deals with a number of questions that probably
would come up in a FAQ, but in more detail.  For example, it answers the
oft-posed questions: how do I store images in MySQL? and how do I retrieve
images from MySQL for display in a Web page?  The sample code that
implements
the answers to these questions is also available at the URL above, as are
some sample applications. (One of which is an e-card thing that demonstrates
image retrieval and display.)

I guess that's enough shameless plugging for now. :-)