I run mysql on FreeBSD and it's been giving me a lot of problems. Sometimes
the load shoots up and some applications cannot access mysql server anymore.
During such instances, when I run top, I get something like this:

last pid: 57669;  load averages:  1.40,  1.52,  1.52
                 up 30+00:05:29
10:07:24
105 processes: 2 running, 101 sleeping, 1 stopped, 1 zombie
CPU states: 10.1% user,  0.0% nice, 69.3% system,  0.2% interrupt, 20.4% idle
Mem: 522M Active, 284M Inact, 146M Wired, 48M Cache, 112M Buf, 3916K Free
Swap: 1374M Total, 1208K Used, 1373M Free

  PID USERNAME      PRI NICE  SIZE    RES STATE  C   TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
12192 mysql          64   0   279M 13716K CPU0   1  93.1H 92.82% 92.82% mysqld

I see mysqld taking so much processor time and then I run mytop and I get:

MySQL on localhost (3.23.41-log)
                  up 5+18:36:24
[10:04:04]
 Queries Total: 3,135,669      Avg/Sec: 6.28  Now/Sec: 9.00  Slow: 0
 Threads Total: 23        Active: 1     Cached: 7
 Key Efficiency: 99.99%  Bytes in: 285,244,678  Bytes out: 181,425,048

     Id      User      Host          DB   Time    Cmd Query or State

     --      ----      ----          --   ----    --- ----------

 399603      root localhost        test      0  Query show full processlist

 186085  wolvmail localhost virtualemai      6  Sleep

 102684 wolrt2use localhost         rt2     12  Sleep

 399436  wolvmail localhost virtualemai     86  Sleep

 104018 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    124  Sleep

 103015 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    213  Sleep

 103557 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    213  Sleep

 109938 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    292  Sleep

 102741 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    370  Sleep

 103063 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    410  Sleep

 102009 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    425  Sleep

 102737 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    425  Sleep

 103585 wolrt2use localhost         rt2    707  Sleep

 330671 twig275us localhost        twig  55140  Sleep

 340661 twig275us localhost        twig  55147  Sleep

 340198 twig275us localhost        twig  55206  Sleep

 179428 twig275us localhost        twig  55244  Sleep

 179385 twig275us localhost        twig  55260  Sleep

 349415 twig275us localhost        twig  55334  Sleep

 179413 twig275us localhost        twig  55365  Sleep

 326960 twig275us localhost        twig  55402  Sleep

 330717 twig275us localhost        twig  55453  Sleep

 340067 twig275us localhost        twig  55550  Sleep

      1 system us      none             498984 Connec connecting to master

My question is: Why connecting to master?????

Can someone explain this to me? I am lost for what could be causing me
so much grief. I am not an MySQL expert.

Thanks

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

Take my word for it, the silliest woman can manage a clever man, but it
needs a very clever woman to manage a fool.
                -- Kipling