Hello,

I am trying to write a process to optimize several tables in a database
by using the OPTIMIZE TABLE command in a query. I have a couple of
questions that I can't get an answer to in the documentation:

1) Do I: Query.ExecSQL or Query.Open to execute the OPTIMIZE TABLE
TableName command?

2) The queries are returning instantly and when the program tries to run
OPTIMIZE TABLE on the next table, I am getting a "commands out of sync"
error. How can I tell when the optimization process is complete? (Please
note that I am using Delphi and Query objects to interface with the
tables).

3) Should I do a CHECK TABLE before I do an OPTIMIZE TABLE?

Thanks,
Dan Cumpian