From: Steve Yates [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 10:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Optimize Table usage

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:25:03 -0500, Dan Cumpian wrote:
>1) Do I: Query.ExecSQL or Query.Open to execute the OPTIMIZE TABLE
>TableName command?

        From Delphi help: "Use ExecSQL to execute queries that do not
return a cursor to data (such as INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and CREATE
TABLE)."

>2) The queries are returning instantly and when the program tries to
run
>OPTIMIZE TABLE on the next table, I am getting a "commands out of sync"

        I saw this when using optimize table via a GUI client, not sure
where it comes from.  In my case it wasn't a factor of using it on
multiple tables.

 - Steve Yates
 - BUS STOP:  Where the I/O gets off.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~