Hi MySQL team,

I'm not sure, if this is the right place for bug reports, so, if it
isn't, please forward this to those who are resposible. Running MySQL
4.0.7 on a Windows NT 5.2 RC2 machine and on a Windows NT 5.1 one as
well, I encoutered some bugs:

- After having set up both machines completely, I installed the Win32
binary distribution of MySQL 4.0.7-gamma. Although I did not upgrade
from an earlier version, the privileges tables still have the old
structure without the new columns introduced with MySQL 4.0.2-beta!
Furthermore, the script menioned in the documentation
(mysql_fix_privilege_tables) is obiously not included in the
distribution. Because of this, there is no way to use the new privilege
system but fixing the tables manually...

- If I create a user by

GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'foo'@'foohost';

and try to get the GRANT query by

SHOW GRANTS FOR 'foo'@'foohost';

afterwards, MySQL returns an empty result set.
If I add a query like

SET PASSWORD FOR 'foo'@'foohost' = PASSWORD('foobar');

and try the SHOW GRANTS query menitioned above again, MySQL correctly
returns:

----------+

----------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'foo'@'foohost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD
'4655c05b05f11fab' |
----------+

- If I create a user by

GRANT USAGE ON `footable`.* TO 'foo'@'foohost' IDENTIFIED BY 'foobar'
WITH GRANT OPTION;

and try to get the GRANT query again, MySQL returns this:

----------+

| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'foo'@'foohost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD
'4655c05b05f11fab' |
| GRANT  ON `footable`.* TO 'foo'@'foohost' WITH GRANT OPTION

While the first query is completly correct, the second one would result
in an error...

Happy fixing,

Alexander M. Turek
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>