Alexander,

> Have you tried to reproduce them?

Bug #1: GRANT USAGE doesn't seem to create a user:

mysql> GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'foo'@'foohost';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.26 sec)

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR 'foo'@'foohost';
Empty set (0.03 sec)

mysql> SELECT Host, User, Password FROM mysql.user WHERE User = 'foo';
+---------+------+----------+
| Host    | User | Password |
+---------+------+----------+
| foohost | foo  |          |
+---------+------+----------+
1 row in set (0.04 sec)

Bug #2: SHOW GRANTS shows wrong GRANT statement:

mysql> GRANT USAGE ON `footable`.* TO 'foo'@'foohost' IDENTIFIED BY
'foobar'
    -> WITH GRANT OPTION;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.03 sec)

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR 'foo'@'foohost';
----
----
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'foo'@'foohost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD
'4655c05b05f1
| GRANT  ON `footable`.* TO 'foo'@'foohost' WITH GRANT OPTION
----
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Yes, I can confirm both bugs you encountered. My settings:

Server version: 4.0.7-gamma-max-nt-log
OS:             Win2K SP2

Maybe worth mentioning, a database 'footable' doesn't exist on my
machine. Double-checking this, I found out it doesn't matter if a
database exists or not. Bug #2 happens with database 'test', too.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Geschäftsführer / CEO iConnect GmbH <http://iConnect.de>