Am Sonntag, 5. Januar 2003 19:29 schrieb Paul DuBois:
> At 14:45 +0100 1/5/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >     A SELECT statement fails if you have table aliases and use
> >     table locking with the LOCK command
>
> This is not a bug.  It's documented in the manual that you must lock
> all the tables at once that you intend to use, *including* locking
> any aliases for those tables that you'll use.

Right, I also just found that paragraph in the LOCK TABLES documentation...
Though, I do not see a reason for this :-)

As you cannot have nested LOCK TABLES commands, one table statement does
suffice for locking the table. Of course, mysql should not throw an error if
you lock tables with and without aliases, but if the table is already locked
without alias, there should not be a need to lock the table explicitly with
the alias.

So this might be a "feature request".
--
Christian Kohlschütter