From: Jonas Widarsson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 January 2003 15:07
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Backups mechanism

  Hello world!
Every attempt I have made to find a decent way of backing up a database
ends up with tons of reading to show hundreds of ways to do database
backups.

I want to know which way to do complete backups is most commonly used by
professional users. (Windows and Linux)

I have pleasant experience from Microsoft SQL Server 2000 where backung
up is very confident, easy to understand and just a matter of a mouse click.

Is there any similarily convenient way to do this with mysql, for example:
* a shell script (windows / Linux) that works as expected without days
of configuration?
* scheduled backups, complete or differential?
* GUI-solution ??? (mysql control center does not even mention the word
backup)

Backup is such an important issue. Why does it seem like it is something
that the developers don't care about?