Hi all,

I've read the following in a MySQL book:

  A special case of record deletion occurs when you clear out a table
entirely using a DELETE with no WHERE clause:
 DELETE FROM tbl_name;
  In this case, the sequence counter may be reset to 1, even for table types
for which values normally are not reused (MyISAM and InnoDB). For those
types, if you wish to delete all the records while maintaining the current
sequence value, tell MySQL to perform a record-at-a-time delete by including
a WHERE clause that specifies some trivially true condition:
 DELETE FROM tbl_name WHERE 1 > 0;

---

Well, I've tried that sql statement, but the auto_increment point of start
was not reset to 1.
I use MySQL 4.05 under Windows 2000.

Thanks.

Teddy,