>I'm having trouble getting the two to work, when I try to connect to
the
>database in Crystal I get an error message saying "ODBC Error:
[TCX][MyODBC}
>Could not read table names"
It is worth a try.  Here are the instructions for the registry fix.

Download odbcregs.zip from Crystal Decisions.

http://support.crystaldecisions.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/odbcregs.zip.asp

1. Open the zip file and extract the files to WINNT/System32 or
Windows/System32 for XP.
    NOTE: If any of the files are newer on your machine do not replace
them.
2. run the outjoin.reg file.
3. run regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Seagate
Software > Crystal Reports > DatabaseOptions > Outer Join and click on
SQL2OuterJoin and add MYODBC3(If you are using the 3.x MyODBC Driver) or
to the end of the DataValue list.

Crystal need to be told what the join syntax is for the particular
database you are using.  This fix will work with any Crystal Reports
8.x; I'm not sure if it will work with 9.x or not.  If you are still
having problems after doing this let me know and I can try to help you
track it down.

NOTE: I'll send the file to you in a separate email.  I wanted to put
the fix instructions on the list for others to access if needed.

Scott Pippin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]