Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has built MySQL 3.23 from source that can handle a high number of connections & threads. I've have tried MySQL binaries in the past (not RPMs), but these have had stability/load problems. When building from source I don't have those issues, but I am limited by the inbuilt limits (of glibc,etc...)

I read that glibc needs to be modified and file descriptor limits need to be increased, but I have been unsuccessful in finding some definitive documentation to achieve this.

I need to build MySQL 3.23 on a production server running RedHat 7.2, patched glibc (2.2.5-42) and a custom kernel (2.4.19-2 SMP). Hardware contains Dual Xeon 2.4GHz (hyperthreading disabled) and 6GB RAM.

My understanding is that MySQL can handle is 500 connections (recommended setting) by default. This is something I would need to increase as well as the ability to handle more threads.

I would appreciate any help whatsoever.

Many thanks