What were the main benefits that you noticed straight away before adapting your code to use the new features that MySQL 4 offers?
Does the query cache make a big difference? Do you have any benchmarks, even off your head?

Maximo.

At 09:47 8/1/2003 -0800, you wrote:
On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 09:00:51AM -0700, David Rock wrote:

> Are many people using MySQL version 4 yet? I'm interested in it
> because I want to use it's SSL capabilities but would like to hear
> that people are not having trouble with it first.

I've had very good luck with MySQL 4 in several high-profile
environments. We began using it in live envrionments back in August
and have contintued to spread MySQL 4 since then.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny | Perl, Web, MySQL, Linux Magazine, Yahoo!
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 24 days, processed 830,915,772 queries (392/sec. avg)