Hi,

I've "inherited" a FreeBSD/MySQL database-server (Compaq DL360, dual P3 1GHz), running
(at the moment): Server version:         4.0.3-beta
However, as far as I can tell, MySQL/FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE still can't agree on
utilizing more than one CPU.

My question is this:
A year or two ago, someone mentioned simply running two mysqld's on the same
database-files (using file-locking) and then, using some form for loadbalancing
between the two, was able to use more than one CPU for the mysqlds.
Is this still the "recommended" way of doing this?
I know I could use Linuxthreads, but the times I've tried them in the past, they have
done more harm than good (low performance, unstability etc).

Any advice would be appreciated :)
Kind regards,
Tommy Eriksen