Hi!

> > >SELECT count(a.rsori) pippo
> > >FROM ecoras a, ecotxt b
> > >WHERE MATCH ( b.rstxt ) AGAINST ( '-linux' IN BOOLEAN MODE )
> > >AND a.rsori = b.rsori
> > >AND a.rscod = b.rscod;
> > >
> If I execute a query like in the example, I don't obtain all rows where this
> word is not present. Instead if I use a leading plus sign I obtain the right
> resultset.
> I do not think it is a bug, maybe it is a limitation in full-text search and
> I would know how can I obtain a valid resultset.

It's not a bug, it's how fulltext search was designed to work.
`-word' works as a filter, removing rows from result set.  `+word'
and `word' add rows to result set. Naturally, if there is neither
`+word' nor `word', the result set is empty, and `-word' is useless.

Regards,
Sergei

--
MySQL Development Team