On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:50:28PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> George --
>
> ...and then Gman said...
> %
> % How can I delete a database in MySQL so I recreate it?
>
>   echo 'drop database dbname' | mysql -uuser -ppassword
>
> where dbname is the name of your database, user is your mysql user name,
> and pass is the password for that user.  More in the manual :-)

  I bet that he wants to be able to recover it after the delete! :)

  George, to truly recreate a database after delete, you will need to
  have a backup copy of the database.

  You can create the backup with the mysqldump utility, with replication
  or by copying the data files. See http://mysql.com/doc/en/Backup.html
  for more details.

  Cheers!
--
 Zak Greant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

MySQL Tip: Connect to a remote MySQL server using the mysql client
  % mysql --host=example.com --user=admin -p

"While we are postponing, life speeds by."            --Lucius Annaeus Seneca