Hello, every body
I have 2 database server. the second is a copy of the first. It's replication.
But there is no connection line because it is not necesery to have an identical copy.
Every day, i have to update the second using a self made program.
To identified which record has changed,inserted or deleted, i have tables that contain
a primary key and type of action. For example :
taStudent (idx integer not null, name char(30),
        address char(60),
        primary key(idx))

taStudentAction(idx integer NOT NULL,
Action char(1) not null,
primary key(idx))

Action will contain 'A','U','D' for Add,Update & Delete.
The selfmade program will create a SQL script that contain script to insert,update and
delete data in the second.
To update the second, the script must be transfered using FTP & dialupnetworking. The
cost of dialupnetworking
is quite expensive,
The question are :
1. Is there any better approach to solve this problem ?
2. My friend told me to use XML, can this solve my problem in a effecient manner ?
3. Is there any drawback using this approach?
4. Thanks for your enlightment gurus.