I have a table in a database. I'm trying to delete 5 million rows from
it. But whenever I try to do this, while the delete command is
executing access to the other tables in the database are blocked
(which freezes up a website that runs off that database, even though
that website doesn't use the table I'm deleting from)!

Any suggestions on how I can delete those rows without causing a lot
of downtime? I'm using 3.23.47. Would it help if I upgraded to 4.x?

sql (stupid filter...)