Since the http://lists.mysql.com/ archives site is down, I'll have to ask this question without the benifit of the archives...

I have a (very large) Perl script that has a bad tendency to cause the following warning from myisamchk:

myisamchk: MyISAM file /var/lib/mysql/YYYY/table_name.MYI
myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/YYYY/table_name.MYI' is usable but should be fixed

It does this for table after table (I'm running multiple instances of the same database for diffrerent sites).

It's fine to go back and run myisamchk --recover -- quick, but I'd rather stop the bleeding than continue applying bandages.

I have started through the code making sure there is a $sth->finish(); after every table query/insert/update, but I seem to have made the problem worse!

Is there something I should be paying special attention to? Is there something that I might just plain be missing?

Many thanks in advance!

Jody Harris
--
http://www.realizationsystems.com/ - changing the way people communicate