I'm new to administering MySQL, so bear with me:

We run a large MySQL database with one of the tables amassing
over 40 million entries. It somehow got corrupt and now I'm
running isamchk -o (-r failed) and it's in its 110th hour and
it's getting slower. I'm running 3.23.38 and cannot upgrade
due to compatibility issues. Also, the tables are quite old
and are in ISAM format. Here's a couple of questions:

Will stopping the repair midway affect the data/table?
Can I convert a corrupted table to MyISAM?
How will that affect my data?
Will myisamchk run faster in fixing the corruption (in general,
I know there's not enough information)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Robert Cantu