Dobrı den,
terça-feira, 14 de janeiro de 2003, 16:58:08, napsal jste:

RC> I'm new to administering MySQL, so bear with me:

RC> We run a large MySQL database with one of the tables amassing
RC> over 40 million entries. It somehow got corrupt and now I'm
RC> running isamchk -o (-r failed) and it's in its 110th hour and
RC> it's getting slower. I'm running 3.23.38 and cannot upgrade
RC> due to compatibility issues. Also, the tables are quite old
RC> and are in ISAM format. Here's a couple of questions:

RC> Will stopping the repair midway affect the data/table?

Upgrade to 3.23.54 ( 3.23.54 is compatible with 3.23.38 )

RC> Can I convert a corrupted table to MyISAM?

yes... run the command: ALTER TABLE table_name Type=MyISAM;
the mysql atomically creates a MyISAM table and new index to the table

RC> How will that affect my data?
Your data in MyISAM is more safe than ISAM

RC> Will myisamchk run faster in fixing the corruption (in general,
RC> I know there's not enough information)?
more less.

Upgrade your mysql to 3.23.54 ( max ) and use the InnoDB tables (
http://www.innodb.com ), this table type is VERY SECURE than MyISAM.
The InnoDB tables are stored in a tablespace and have a "crash
recovery". To convert your tables from ISAM to Innodb is simple.

1 - Configure the InnoDB options em my.cnf
2 - run ALTER TABLE table_name Type=InnoDB;

and have fun ! ;)

ps: ISAM support is deprecated and is not present in next version of
mysql ( 4.x )

sql,query

  ++  Dyego Souza do Carmo   ++           Dep. Desenvolvimento
                 E S C R I B A   I N F O R M A T I C A
The only stupid question is the unasked one (somewhere in Linux's HowTo)
Linux registred user : #230601
--
$ look into "my eyes"
look: cannot open my eyes